This reminds me of a wedding we photographed years ago ........
Our beautiful happy couple were English and no stranger to bad weather, but this was Australia right? Home of the endless sun? And so they planned to have their ceremony on the steps of the Cottesloe Civic Centre with the amazing beach vista in the background. One photographer above, one below, perfect!!!!
We resorted to using the Marquee for quite a few of the photos after and with a very short window of opportunity we managed to duck outside for a few pictures in front of those beautiful stairs
1. Never think it can't possibly rain on your wedding day
2. Have a back-up plan for out door ceremonies
3. Chose portrait locations that have some form of shelter or alternate locations with shelter.
4. Pre purchase umbrellas if the forecast begins to look doubtful. Clear plastic ones work really well or a uniform colour. You don't want to be rushing into red dot on the way to the ceremony only to find that the only available brollies are Granny floral or West Coast Eagles.
5. Think outside the square for alternate locations. People will be sympathetic but always ask permission anyway.